The first time I ever had chia pudding, which was only over a year ago, I admit I had a hard time swallowing it and did not even attempt a second bite haha! So I totally understand any hesitancy towards trying this weird pudding trend that is kinda taking over the health world!
But now it is honestly one of favourite (and quick) breakfasts and perfect for curbing my sweet tooth! You can get super creative and try so many different combinations that will suit you, so once you open your mind to these little seeds of goodness you will never look back!
A quick note on why you do want to get hooked on chia puddings…
- Chia seeds are full of omega 3 essential healthy fats, great for brain health and building the cells in our body
- Great source of fibre so will help you eliminate everyday (which many people don’t!)
- Good source of calcium…yep once again calcium isn’t just in dairy!
- Great source of plant based protein
- All of these combined lead to healthy skin & hair, more energy, improved digestion, potential weight loss & a healthier heart!
So here is my ultimate Chia Pudding Recipe and it truly tastes like chocolate mousse, especially if you use coconut milk!
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk/cream or almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon, I just shake in as much as I like
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Top with fresh berries
- Optional coconut & nuts!
Combine everything together in jar expect chia seeds and berries.
Mix everything very well so completely combined.
Add in chia seeds and stir thoroughly so there are no clumps and let it sit for 1-2 minutes then stir again to avoid any clumps.
Let sit a further 1-2 minutes, you will start to see it thicken, then stir one more time, seal the jar and store in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
In the morning for breakfast or when you’re ready to eat top with fresh berries and enjoy!
What are your favourite Chia Pudding combinations!? Feel free to share 🙂