Eat real fat & loose weight! The truth about fats!
Eating healthy good quality fats can indeed help you to loose and maintain a healthy weight! They make up your cells and hormones, literally the building blocks of your entire body and therefore effect the functioning of things like…
- Brain function, mood & behavior: The brain is made up of 60% fats they are crucial in creating in a healthy brain!
- Weight loss & maintenance: helps to regulate mood, energy & appetite
- Regulates organs & glands: the liver, kidneys, adrenal glands & thyroid glands, which play crucial roles in hormone production & metabolism!
- Help PMS: This is a big one! Evening primrose oil has specifically been shown to help symptoms of pms when taken regularly!
- Healthy hair, skin & nails: the first signs essential fatty acid deficiency is brittle nails, flaky skin & dry hair
PS Udo’s Oil is a beautiful supplement of healthy fats I love adding it to smoothies!
The thing is so many people are still eating the low fat options, the egg white omelets; there is still some fear of fats but there doesn’t have to be! All those low fat products are actually much worse for you because once they take the fat out they load up on the sugar to give it taste and sugar in excess is eventually stored in your body as excess fat, not to mention it is completely addictive so can really mess you up…seriously sugar has been shown to have similar addictive qualities as cocaine what the hell!!!
So if you are serious about your health and weight loss nourish your body with healthy fats that are essential to your survival! The essential fats are omega 3 and omega 6 and they are essential because your body cannot make them itself and needs to get them from good quality food!
Here are the healthy fats to include…
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Organic cold pressed coconut oil
- Flaxseed oil or ground flaxseeds
- Hemp seeds
- Raw nuts and seeds (also good source of protein!)
- Wild organic fish especially salmon, tuna, sardines
- Leafy vegetables – yep there is healthy fats in them!
- Organic eggs
- In moderation organic grass fed meats such as lamb, beef
- These are not essential but if you like dairy opt for these in moderation; organic ricotta, cottage cheese, labane, natural greek yoghurt & goats milk products
Now you know some great delicious healthy fats to include as snacks, salad dressings, inside smoothies, as main dishes etc that you can now go throw out any of those crappy low fat products 😉 Eating these essential fatty acids in coordination with a balanced diet full of fruit and vegetables will leave you absolutely glowing from the inside out because nothing compares to using whole foods that actually nourish your body!