6 Healthy Salty Snacks: To curb your cravings!
We all have cravings sometimes for healthy stuff and sometimes for the really bad salty, fatty stuff! Its important to listen to your cravings as its you bodies way of telling you what it may be needing, but just be aware sometimes it can just be stress or other emotions talking so pay close attention and use your intuition 🙂 A good place to start is to have a glass of water when the cravings come and see if you are genuinely hungry and still craving something after!
Snacking is where a lot of us struggle so for the days you really crave salty fatty foods opt for these healthier options. The bonus is they will actually satisfy you and not just leave you wanting more… and more!
- Homemade Popcorn: Make it on the stove with coconut oil or olive oil and sea salt! Store in an airtight container. One store bought brand I like is Cobs (the simple sea salt flavour is the healthiest option)
- Miso Soup: Buy instant packets from your health food store and is good source of protein and probiotics!
- Edamame Beans: Get these in the frozen section, boil then sprinkle with sea salt another good source of protein and fun to eat 😉
- Sweet Potato Chips: My all time favourite, make them thick or thin, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt any other spices or herbs then bake in 200 degrees oven for 30 – 40 minutes (depending on thickness) and it helps to turn them over half way!
- Homemade Roasted Nuts: I go with raw cashews and almonds then simply pop them in the oven at 170 degrees for around 15 minutes and eat! You can off course get a little more creative and add a little bit of oil then toss with spices and herbs!
- Boiled Egg & Hummus: This one may sound a little strange but its so good and filling with all that protein! Boil an egg to your liking and take about 1 tablespoon of hummus for dipping! Trust me you got to try it 🙂
Next time your cravings something oily and fried, stop, listen to your body and then try these instead of a bag of potato chips! Share with us what your other favourite healthy salty snacks are 🙂